Re: [HACKERS] OT moving from MS SQL to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gary Doades
Subject Re: [HACKERS] OT moving from MS SQL to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 3 Oct 2004 at 11:24, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 06:33, stig erikson wrote:
> There are a few tools I've seen that will try to convert ASP to PHP, but
> for the most part, they can't handle very complex code, so you're
> probably better off just rewriting it and learning PHP on the way.
>
> By the way, I have moved this over to -general, as this is quite off
> topic for -hackers.  Next person to reply please remove the
> pgsql-hackers address from the CC list please.

Also you might want to try converting it to ASP.NET. If you use the
mono packages you can run ASP.NET on Windows and Linux/Unix with
very little change (if any).

I have done this just fine with some C# ASP.NET stuff using Apache,
PostgreSQL and mod-mono. Just needed recompilation because mono
doesn't understand the debug stuff the MS produces. Otherwise no
changes.

Cheers,
Gary.