Re: newby question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: newby question
Date
List pgsql-general
Bernd Buldt wrote:
> Howdy!   I'd like to set up a database (mostly a bibliography), which
> I'd like to connect to a webpage such that simple queries to the
> database can be made by visitors of my homepage.  I seem to remember
> that FileMaker allows for this, but I'd prefer a UNIX-based solution
> (under MacOS X).  Hence my question (before I start digging):   Can
> anyone on the list confirm that this is doable (w/o too much hassles )
> with PostGresQL?  Thx for your time!  Best,  Bernd

Can't say I've done it with MacOS-X, but Apache+PHP+PostgreSQL are a
common combination. Worth checking sourforge.net / freshmeat.net and see
if there are any projects doing what you want before starting your own
though.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd