Re: How to check postgres running or not ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Worik
Subject Re: How to check postgres running or not ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Assuming it is unix....  The command

ps xau|grep post

If it is running it will produce output like...

worik@stolberg:~$ ps xau|grep post
postgres   880  0.0  0.2  8580  740 ?        S    Sep07   0:31
/usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postmaster
postgres   887  0.0  0.2  9536  612 ?        S    Sep07   0:02 postgres:
stats buffer process
postgres   889  0.0  0.2  8624  632 ?        S    Sep07   0:05 postgres:
stats collector process
worik    25927  0.0  0.2  1612  540 pts/10   S    13:54   0:00 grep post
worik@stolberg:~$

If it is not running it will produce output like...

worik@stolberg:~$ ps xau|grep post
worik    26094  0.0  0.2  1608  528 pts/10   S    13:55   0:00 grep post

Sandeep Gaikwad wrote:

> Hello Sir,
>                I want to know how to check whether postgres database is
> running or not ? when  I give command like ./postmaster -i &, whether
> all databases in that postgres will run or any one [default] ? If any
> one, then how to detect that database ?
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Sandeep.

> Disclaimer:
>
> The contents of this message are confidential and intended to the addressee at the specified e-mail address only. Its
contentsmay not be copied or disclosed to anyone other than the intended recipient. If this e-mail is received in
error,please contact Vertex Software Pvt. Ltd immediately on +91 20 4041500  with details of the sender and addressee
anddelete the e-mail. Vertex Software Pvt. Ltd accepts no responsibility in the event that the onward transmission,
openingor use of this message and/or any attachments adversely affects the recipient's systems or data. It is the
recipient'sresponsibility to carry out such virus and other checks as the recipient considers appropriate.