How to check postgres running or not ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Sandeep Gaikwad
Subject How to check postgres running or not ?
Date
Re: How to check postgres running or not ?  (Worik <worik@noggon.com>)
Re: How to check postgres running or not ?  (Arne Stoelck <stolck@web.de>)
List pgsql-sql
Hello Sir,
                I want to know how to check whether postgres database is
running or not ? when  I give command like ./postmaster -i &, whether
all databases in that postgres will run or any one [default] ? If any
one, then how to detect that database ?

Thanks and regards,
Sandeep.

Disclaimer:

The contents of this message are confidential and intended to the addressee at the specified e-mail address only. Its
contentsmay not be copied or disclosed to anyone other than the intended recipient. If this e-mail is received in
error,please contact Vertex Software Pvt. Ltd immediately on +91 20 4041500  with details of the sender and addressee
anddelete the e-mail. Vertex Software Pvt. Ltd accepts no responsibility in the event that the onward transmission,
openingor use of this message and/or any attachments adversely affects the recipient's systems or data. It is the
recipient'sresponsibility to carry out such virus and other checks as the recipient considers appropriate.