another PITR recovery question - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From msteben@autorevenue.com
Subject another PITR recovery question
Date
List pgsql-admin

I'm running postgres 8.2.5 and I'm running a PITR restore on a
remote machine.
The archived logs are being restored at a rate of about 5 every 3 minutes
I was reading in compressed logs and uncompressing them as they are being
restored. I am now reading in uncompressed logs straight into the restore.

The restore rate only improved slightly - to the rate of 6 every 3 minutes.

Is there something I can do in postgresql.conf or in the shared memory to
get this to move faster?  At this rate my recovery will run for days as I'm
copying WAL logs from my production machine.

Thanks

Mark Steben

Autorevenue

Attachment