Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] postgresql 8.0b1 Win32 observations - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] postgresql 8.0b1 Win32 observations
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>mallah@trade-india.com wrote:
>

>>Hi Folks,
>>
>>I installed postgresql8.0b1 a fews days back.
>>I am listing the issues which i came across
>>these many be already known issues or may not
>>be bugs.
>>
>>1. Automatic convertion to NTFS.
>>
>>Many NT based windows installation may not
>>have formatted the drive with NTFS , i think
>>the installer may assist or at leaset suggest
>>that converting from fat --> ntfs is a snap.
>>

>OK, installer issue?  I don't think we should have the postmaster
>complain in its logs, right?

I've seen contrary opinions, but I don't see how anybody could
contemplate running *any* server on FAT. But then, people use Notepad to
write programs, too.

The installer should complain, but I guess that's it.

cheers

andrew