Re: ignore unique violation OR check row exists - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Misa Simic
Subject Re: ignore unique violation OR check row exists
Date
List pgsql-sql
Well, idea is to make process faster as possible... And usualy staging
table does not have any constrains so can't violates...

When we want to import banch of data... Process when we taking row by
row from source, validate it, if valid insert to some table could be
very slow...

Much faster is when we work with sets..

•import all records to some table without constrains (staging table).
And best would be if we can use COPY command instead of insert...

•inert into liveTable select all valid records from stagingTable

Of course it is just in case when we want to import what is ok... In
case all or nothing - import direct to liveTable works fine...

Sent from my Windows Phone