Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 8/14/2004 11:25 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Aug 2004, Robert Treat wrote:
>
>> The logic that says we are promoting a feature of the "postgresql
>> project" (replication/win32) and that we should give people the best
>> tool for the job even if it is commercial (mammoth/powergres)
>
> The PostgreSQL project doesn't have replication, Slony is an addon
> developed by Afilias and provided open source to the community ...

Wrong!

Slony is BSD, Copyright PGDG, hosted on gborg. And it allways has been.
Could you please explain the difference between the PostgreSQL project
and the Slony project with respect to property ownership? I fail to see
one myself.

Jan