Re: pgsql: Test replay of regression tests, attempt II. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Test replay of regression tests, attempt II.
Date
List pgsql-committers
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 03:35:48AM +0000, Thomas Munro wrote:
>> Test replay of regression tests, attempt II.

> Butterflyfish has just failed in this new test:
> https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_history.pl?nm=butterflyfish&br=HEAD
> Ad the pg_regress command has failed one of the tests:
>      reloptions                   ... FAILED     1377 ms
> No idea what's going on here, but I guess that we'd better show up the
> contents of regression.diffs in the TAP logs if it exists.

I'm quite appalled that this patch has apparently added an entire new run
of the core regression tests to the standard check-world/buildfarm cycle.
Was any thought taken for the developer-time and buildfarm-load impact
that will have?  Neither of those resources is free.

            regards, tom lane