Re: Point in Time Recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Point in Time Recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Thanks for that. My comments were heartfelt, but not useful right now.

Hi Simon,  I'm sorry if I gave the impression that I thought your work
wasn't worthwhile, it is :(

> I'm badly overdrawn already on my time budget, though that is my concern
> alone. There is more to do than I have time for. Pragmatically, if we
> aren't going to get there then I need to stop now, so I can progress
> other outstanding issues. All help is appreciated.

I've got your patch applied (but having some compilation problem), but
I'm really not sure what to test really.  I don't really understand the
whole thing fully :/

> I'm aiming for the minimum feature set - which means we do need to take
> care over whether that set is insufficient and also to pull any part
> that doesn't stand up to close scrutiny over the next few days.
>
> Overall, my primary goal is increased robustness and availability for
> PostgreSQL...and then to have a rest!

Definitely!

Chris