Re: Release planning (was: Re: Status report) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: Release planning (was: Re: Status report)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/14/2004 1:13 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> What are you talking about?  Are you suggesting Fujitsu's features are
> getting more attendtion than ARC for some political reason?  You think
> nested transactions and tablespaces are just press release features?
> All those features are being developed by the community under community
> direction and based on community feedback/needs.  How is that different
> from Afilias funding ARC?

I was getting a little upset about the suggestion of being "hard-nosed"
against the people who want ARC now. Yes, I wanted those features out
earlier and this was not because of Afilias or dictated by Afilias, but
because there is demand for it from the community.

Jan