Problem pg_restore from 7.3 to 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Plant Thomas
Subject Problem pg_restore from 7.3 to 7.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I have a problem restoring a database from Postgresql 7.3  ( backup
created with  'pg_dump -Ft -b > test.tar' ) to a new database on
PostgreSQL 7.4.3 on Cygwin. I get the following error:

pg_restore: executing SEQUENCE SET t_tab_kurs_template_id_seq
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  relation
"t_tab_kur
s_template_id_seq" does not exist
pg_restore: *** aborted because of error

it seems that the sequence has not been created during the restore
process and now it tries to set its start value. Is this a bug within
pg_restore?

Thanks for any advice how to compelete this restore.

Greetings,
Thomas