Re: initdb crash - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Gary Doades
Subject Re: initdb crash
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
On 4 Jul 2004 at 19:31, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> Looking at the build switches, the difference is I'm building without
> zlib and without ssl, but with asserts enabled. Unfort, my mingw env is
> a bit broken, so I can't try it with zlib and ssl enabled. Could you try
> that (the exact commandline is on the www.hagander.net/pgsql/win32snap/
> page), and see if one of those switches is what causes the problem?
>
> Merlin - can you comment on wether that commandline used to build is
> correct or if it has changed lately, and wether you see the same
> problem?

I'm currently building without zlib and without ssl too. Unfortunately I'm completely new
to MinGW/msys and it appears that I don't have all the packages installed for zlib & ssl.

I'll go away and work out how to get what I need.

Cheers,
Gary.