Re: Schedule, feature freeze, etc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthew T. O'Connor
Subject Re: Schedule, feature freeze, etc
Date
Re: Schedule, feature freeze, etc  (Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Okay folks, it's July 1, and the long-threatened feature freeze for 7.5
> is now in place.  That means future patches that introduce new features
> will be held off till the next development cycle.  Bug fixes, cleanup
> of loose ends, and (ahem) documentation are of course still welcome.
>
> Since we've just barely gotten some major patches in under the wire,
> we're going to construe "no new features" pretty loosely.  For instance,
> the syntax associated with nested transactions is still open for debate
> and we aren't going to refuse to change it just because it's past
> July 1 --- that will be considered to be in the "loose ends" category.
> Same for PITR and Windows-related tweaks.

What about features that have been submitting patches and trying to get
included for a few weeks now.

Specificially, I'm concerned with pg_autovacuum backend integration.  I
know people have been busy frying bigger fish, so the patch probably
hasn't recieved much review yet, but it was submitted prior to July 1.
Do you know how that will be handled?

Thanks,

Matthew