Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion
Date
Re: Call for 7.5 feature completion  (Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl@familyhealth.com.au>)
List pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote: <blockquote cite="mid20040518113325.Q7480@ganymede.hub.org" type="cite"><pre wrap="">On Tue,
18May 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

balancing his time between things like speaking engagements and patch
applications, core developers have a limited amount of time they can
spend on any given development effort. If I had to pick (If I got to
pick?), I would rather see Bruce/Tom/Jan working on helping these guys
finish PITR/WIN32/Tablespaces/etc... than working on closing the 7.5
Except you miss one key point here ... if Bruce/Tom/Jan have that sort of
time, why aren't they doing it now? </pre></blockquote> Well I think you might of missed his point. His point was if he
couldpick their priorities. I would kind<br /> of agree with Robert except that there are other dynamics involved...
Tomworks for RedHat but from what I can tell is basically a rogue agent ;). However if Tom stops<br /> works what he is
doingto help with PITR etc... I think a lot of the innner world of PostgreSQL would<br /> simply stop (if I am wrong
pleasecorrect me). Bruce --- well what can you say about Bruce ;).<br /><br /> Seriously though, we all have the  roles
thatwe play. I don't think redirecting specific resources to other<br /> resources will help beyond slowing up the
cite="mid20040518113325.Q7480@ganymede.hub.org"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.hub.org">http://www.hub.org</a>)
Email: <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:scrappy@hub.org">scrappy@hub.org</a>           Yahoo!: yscrappy
            ICQ: 7615664

              <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html">http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs/FAQ.html</a>

+1-503-667-4564 - <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:jd@commandprompt.com">jd@commandprompt.com</a> - <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"href="http://www.commandprompt.com">http://www.commandprompt.com</a>

PostgreSQL Replicator -- production quality replication for PostgreSQL</pre>