Re: Table Spaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From pgsql@mohawksoft.com
Subject Re: Table Spaces
Date
Re: Table Spaces  (Peter Galbavy <peter.galbavy@knowtion.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
> pgsql@mohawksoft.com wrote:
>
>> This makes me worried. That's the way we *used* to do things, but the
>> sleazy IP lawyers are looking for anything with which they can create
>> the
>> impression of impropriety. The open source and free projects are ground
>> zero for this crap.
>>
>> We *really* need to be careful.
>
> I assumed this tool was GPL and we just needed to avoid the GPL issue.

I'm probably just being alarmist, but think about some IP lawyer buying up
the entity that owns the GPL code, and suing end user's of PostgreSQL.

This is similar to what is happening in Linux land with SCO.

The best defense is to say, nope, we didn't copy your stuff, we
implemented it ourselves based on the documentation.