Re: Table Spaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Manfred Spraul
Subject Re: Table Spaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>The only downside to removal is that folks without symlinks (I believe
>Win32 only) will loose that functionality with nothing to replace it.
>However, I think the clarity of removing it is worth it.  Also, I think
>someone had a special way to do symlinks on Win32 and we should look
>into that.

Windows 2000 and later support mount points - you can attach a new
partition as C:\pgsql\data\xlog instead of D:\. That might be enough for
most users. IIRC there was a tool to create arbitrary links, but it was
removed just before W2K final.

--   Manfred