Re: Usability, MySQL, Postgresql.org, gborg, contrib, - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: Usability, MySQL, Postgresql.org, gborg, contrib,
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> plpgsql is more close to postgres then plPython or plPerl, and after
>> all is nearest SQL then plPtyhton or plPerl so a DBA find it more
>> confortable then others languages.
>

> DBA probably... programmer? Doubtful. The majority of people that I run
> into that are using PostgreSQL are not DBA's. They are programmers
> trying to do it a better way. Providing plPerl or plPython etc... allows
> them to stay in a native and productive environment.

True, but a good DBA have to check each single store procedure and view that
other programmers write, see tuning techics that programmers are not aware of
( see select max(id) from foo;  optimized with a order by + limit 1 ).

Regards
Gaetano Mendola