Re: planner/optimizer question - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Gary Doades
Subject Re: planner/optimizer question
Date
Re: planner/optimizer question
List pgsql-performance
I know you will shoot me down, but...

Why is there an entry in the index for a row if the row is not valid?
Wouldn't it be better for the index entry validity to track the row validity.
If a particular data value for a query (join, where etc.) can be satisfied
by the index entry itself this would be a big performance gain.

Cheers,
Gary.