Re: WIN1250 as server encoding - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIN1250 as server encoding
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Some people have requested to add WIN1250 as an allowed server encoding.
> So far, the order of the encoding numbers determined which ones were
> client-only, so in order not to renumber the encodings, I could only
> come up with the attached ugly solution.  If no one thinks of a better
> one, we'll go with that.

Can't we just renumber them?

AFAIR, the only place where these numbers are stored is in
pg_database.datencoding, so only the server-encoding values are frozen
in any meaningful sense.  You could rearrange the numbers currently
assigned to client encodings to preserve the range property.