Re: ANALYZE crashes randomly - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Olivier Hubaut
Subject Re: ANALYZE crashes randomly
Date
Re: ANALYZE crashes randomly  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:

> Olivier Hubaut <olivier@scmbb.ulb.ac.be> writes:
>
>>PANIC:  could not open transaction-commit log directory
>>(/usr/local/pgsql/annot/pg_clog): Too many open files
>

> Try reducing max_files_per_process (in postgresql.conf) and/or
> increasing the kernel's limit on number of open files (I think
> you set this via sysctl in /etc/rc, but it may vary depending on
> OS X version).
>
>             regards, tom lane

Thank you, it works fine by reducing the max_files_per_process to 200
(instead of the default '1000' value).

But it's amazing to me that i had to reduce it so much as the postmaster
is almost the only application running on this server. There only 3 or 4
simultaneous connections and the kernel max files is set to 12500!

Is that comportement normal or not?

--
Signature en cours de maintenance,
Veuillez patienter...