Re: Patch to psql to allow SEARCH_PATH to be set from env - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Christopher Kings-Lynne
Subject Re: Patch to psql to allow SEARCH_PATH to be set from env
Date
List pgsql-patches
> No, I didn't know that, but I figured there might be another, better way
> to do this that I hadn't found. Thanks for the info; I'm going to dig
> into ALTER USER to see what else I may be missing. Consider this patch
> "rescinded", though it was a good exercise in working with PG source
> code. If anyone cares to, I'd still like feedback on anything I could
> have done better in this patch (i.e. coding style, better place to put
> this kind of code etc.).

I have the feeling it wouldn't have been accepted because it was kind of
'arbitrary'.  It's generally a good idea to ask the -hackers list first
if a patch is worth writing before actually writing it ;)

Chris