Re: [CORE] Mail<->Usenet gateway back on ... - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [CORE] Mail<->Usenet gateway back on ...
Date
List pgsql-www
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> pgsql.advocacy,@alt.*,@comp.*

> Basically, what the above says (again, if I'm reading the man page
> properly) is that all posts to pgsql.advocacy (this is for the
> pgsql-advocacy, all others are configured the same), *except* those
> that have a cross-post to any newsgroup in the alt.* or comp.*
> hierarchies, will be forwarded ...

Uh ... why reject cross-posts to comp.*?  At least comp.databases.*
should definitely be allowed.  Also, the majority of the spam we saw
yesterday seemed to be cross-posted to rec.* --- personally I'd try
rejecting all the top-level hierarchies *except* comp.
        regards, tom lane