problem starting postmaster as a service - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Melanie Bergeron
Subject problem starting postmaster as a service
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all!

I have a big problem installing postmaster as a service under Windows XP
with cygwin.  I already installed postgresql on 2 machines without
problems but this machine really seem to don't like postgresql ;)  I do
exactly the procedure indicated in the README file but I always got the
same problem with this machine.  When I try to start postmaster
[cygrunsrv -S postmaster] who was previously installed as a service with
the command [cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /usr/bin/postmaster
--args "-D /usr/share/postgresql/data2 -i" --dep ipc-daemon2 --termsig
INT --user jeanseb --shutdown], I always got the same error :

The postmaster service could not be started.
The service did not report an error.

I checked if an old postmaster.pid was not deleted and I don't found
any.  Any help will be really really appreciated.

Thanks

Melanie