Re: Animated advertisement banners - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Alexey Borzov
Subject Re: Animated advertisement banners
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi!

Dave Page wrote:
>>>Sure if someone comes up with some new ones.
>>
>>Why not just use text links instead of banners?
>
> Because we offer the banner ads for a number of reasons. The ones on the
> left are given free to mirror providers by way of thanks, and sold to
> anyone else with an appropriate company or product to raise funds. The
> ads on the right are given freely to any open source project related to
> PostgreSQL in some way.

I understand why they are there, but I want to reiterate: the same ads can be
given in text blocks and they won't make the site look *this* unprofessional.

As for the mirrors, the approach taken by PHP[1], where the image is shown on
the appropriate mirror seems more reasonable.

[1] http://www.php.net/mirroring.php