Re[2]: WTF is going on with PG_VERSION? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Tassell
Subject Re[2]: WTF is going on with PG_VERSION?
Date
List pgsql-general
Maybe  it was moved for PostGres v7 (I'm still using 6.5.3 because it works
and I'm too lazy to upgrade. :-) but in older versions the PG_VERSION file
was in the data directory (ie, /usr/local/pgsql/data/ )  Try checking what
you are using for a data dir ("locate pg_database" should tell you what dir
it is) and move PG_VERSION in there.  Of course, your data dir could be
/var/lib/pgsql, I dunno what evils RedHat does to the default Postgres
install path.