Re: psotgresql history function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Tassell
Subject Re: psotgresql history function
Date
List pgsql-general
The problem is probably that the Digital Unix machine is missing the
readline library, or that Postgres's configure script can't find it.  You
can download the readline library from ftp.gnu.org (I think it's in
pub/gnu/readline if memory serves me correctly)  Compile and install
readline, then recompile and install Postgres.  You probably should delete
and then reinstall the Postgres sources before rebuilding, so it won't
attempt to use any cached config settings. I think you can just get away
with deleting config.cache, but I honestly can't remember.