Re[2]: Interface Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Charles Tassell
Subject Re[2]: Interface Question
Date
List pgsql-general
This is one of the pains about the Postgres build process: You can't build
JUST the clients, you have to compile the whole server, and then you can
just use the client libraries without having the postmaster running on the
client machine.  I think if you install via RPM's instead of compiling the
sources yourself there is a package with just the client libraries, but I
don't use RPM's.  Either way, the only drawback to installing the full set
of programs is the space they use and the extra time it takes to build.