Re: Filesystem Backup - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Naomi Walker
Subject Re: Filesystem Backup
Date
List pgsql-admin

If I understand correctly, the only time a pure file system restore would work to put back your data was if the instance was down when the file systems were backed up.  Otherwise, pg_dump of a database, or pg_dumpall of the whole instance would be necessary.

If you were doing this for some other reason, this might not pertain.  What started this adventure?