FAQ for Alpha and Tru64 - Mailing list pgsql-ports

From Angel R. Rivera
Subject FAQ for Alpha and Tru64
Date
List pgsql-ports
I have just build 7.0 and it build easily-THANKS GUYS!!!I
I was able to initdb cleanly but when I tried to start the
postmaster I got:

>./postmaster -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
>IpcMemoryCreate: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432010, size=552,
>permission=700
>This type of error is usually caused by an improper
>shared memory or System V IPC semaphore configuration.
>For more information, see the FAQ and platform-specific
>FAQ's in the source directory pgsql/doc or on our
>web site at http://www.postgresql.org.
>IpcMemoryIdGet: shmget failed (Invalid argument) key=5432010, size=552,
>permission=0
>IpcMemoryAttach: shmat failed (Invalid argument) id=-2
>FATAL 1:  AttachSLockMemory: could not attach segment

anyone solve this problem?

TIA,
angel

Angel R. Rivera, angel@wolf.com
  Website: http://www.wolf.com
       Lists: http://www.wolf.com/lists/
Our Wolf:  http://www.wolf.com/Ookami.jpg
"The Quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment
   to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor."

                                             Vincent T. Lombardi