Primary Key Indexing problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John Brothers
Subject Primary Key Indexing problem
Date
List pgsql-general
HI all,

    I have a script which generates a simple table, fills it with
about 11000 unique numbers, in the primary key field,
and then at the end, shows that the index has been
lost for at least one of the values, allowing another
entry to be made that duplicates the index.   This is an
abstract simplification of a problem we are experiencing in
our field database.

  The compressed "script" is 64k - I didn't want to attach it to this
message, but I would be happy to send it to anyone who might
be able to use it to track down whatever bug(s) might be causing
it. (I am assuming that this is a bug.  If not, please accept my
apologies).

[PostgreSQL 6.5.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc 2.7.2.3]

Thanks,

    John
johnbr@incanta.net