Re: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Clarke
Subject Re: Are stored procedures/triggers common in your industry
Date
List pgsql-general
On 20/04/2022 20:26, Philip Semanchuk wrote:
> We have some business logic in Postgres functions, particularly triggers. Our apps are written in Python, and we use
pytestto exercise our SQL functions to ensure they're doing what we think they’re doing. It works well for us.

> FWIW, we’re not a Web dev shop.
>
> Cheers
> Philip

We have a a great amount of our business logic in triggers; makes for
light, multiple and consistent front-ends. It's worked very well for
many years and continues to grow.

Tim Clarke

Telephone: Witham: +44(0)1376 503500 | London: +44 (0)20 3009 0853 | Frankfurt: +49 (0)69 7191 6000 | Hong Kong: +852
58031687 | Toronto: +1 647 503 2848

Web: https://www.manifest.co.uk/

Watch our latest Minerva Briefings on
BrightTALK<https://www.brighttalk.com/channel/18792/?utm_source=brighttalk-sharing&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=linkshare>

Minerva Analytics Ltd - A Solactive Company
9 Freebournes Court | Newland Street | Witham | Essex | CM8 2BL | United Kingdom

Copyright: This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the named addressee
youmust not use or disclose such information, instead please report it to
admin@minerva.info<mailto:admin@minerva.info>
Legal: Minerva Analytics is the trading name of: Minerva Analytics Ltd: Registered in England Number 11260966 & The
ManifestVoting Agency Ltd: Registered in England Number 2920820 Registered Office at above address. Please Click Here
https://www.manifest.co.uk/legal/for further information.