Re: User group liaison - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Benjamin Scherrey
Subject Re: User group liaison
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
That would be me, Benjamin Scherrey, although I'd have staff performing the translations and would have to handle any non-english verbal interviews. I'm very happy to report there are even Thai translations for PostgreSQL books now. Open Source has a large underground constituency here that we're trying to tap into and move mainstream.

  -- Ben Scherrey
     +1-678-528-3423
     +66-89-895-6009

On Jan 18, 2008 1:16 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
Benjamin,

>     I think this is a great idea. In a similar light - I'd like to offer
> my company's services as a media contact point for PostgreSQL in
> Thailand and SE Asia (as appropriate). We're just now opening our new
> offices in Bangkok (last year we got Reuters Software Thailand to deploy
> their first SOA system on top of a PostgreSQL Slony cluster rather than
> SQLServer) and have been pretty serious Postgres users since 1998. We
> can be a media contact and translate any press releases into Thai,
> Malay, Indonesian and/or Chinese (Singaporean). We expect to be
> evangelizing PostgreSQL pretty heavily around here soon and are sponsors
> of the first BarcampBangkok coming later this month. Please let me know
> what we need to do.

Cool!

We're not really set up to use companies as Regional Contacts though.  Can
you designate some individuals?

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus