Re: Parameter name standby_mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Parameter name standby_mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 11:46 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Even more to the point is that some of them, like PGPORT, are highly
> likely to be set in a server's environment to point to the server
> itself.  It would be extremely dangerous to automatically try to start
> replication just because we find those set.  In fact, I would argue that
> we should fix things so that any such variables inherited from the
> server environment are intentionally *NOT* used for making SR
> connections.

There are many environment variables which libpq automatically uses.
Which variables should not be used for SR connection? All?

If both primary_conninfo and environment variables are not given,
the default value (e.g., port = 5432) is automatically used for SR
connection. Is this OK? or NG as well as the environment variables?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center