keywords on .pgpass - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject keywords on .pgpass
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

pg_hba.conf accepts some keywords like 'all', 'sameuser' and so on.
Likewise, I'd like to support the same keywords for .pgpass file.
Thought?

In Streaming Replication, new keyword 'replication' has been introduced
into pg_hba.conf to authenticate the standby server. If my proposal will
have been accepted, I'll also add the 'replication' keyword into .pgpass
file. This keyword is required to specify the password which the standby
uses since the connection for replication doesn't correspond to the specific
database.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao