Synch Rep v5 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Synch Rep v5
Date
Re: Synch Rep v5  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: Synch Rep v5  ("Fujii Masao" <masao.fujii@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I attached the updated version of Synch Rep patch (v5) on wiki.
The description of "User Overview" is also already updated.
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NTT%27s_Development_Projects#Synch_Rep

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 9:55 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> 4. sleeping
>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-12/msg00438.php
>>
>> I'm looking for the better idea. How should we resolve that problem?
>> Only reduce the timeout of pq_wait to 100ms? Get rid of
>> SA_RESTART only during pq_wait as follows?
>>
>>    remove SA_RESTART
>>    pq_wait()
>>    add SA_RESTART
>
> Not sure, will consider. Ask others as well.

I've not got an idea yet. Now (v5), I only reduce the timeout of
pq_wait to 100ms. Is this sufficient? Do you have any good idea?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center