Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Subject Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 22:46:06 -0500 (EST)
Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Jan 2009, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
>
> >> "." is on the long list of characters to be escaped I sent out earlier.
> >
> > I tried escaping the '.' but it didn't change the behaviour.
>
> I did try that specific exapmle in Trac and it worked fine for me.  Using
> your test rig (which you gave the wrong URL to:
> http://www.druid.net/darcy/rest.py ), I see this:
>
> I. Test        ->    1. Test
> I\. Test    ->    I. Test

You are right.  I can't recall the actual test I did but somehow I
found a situation where escaping the period didn't DTRT.  I know that
it was in a table which is all we care about in this discussion but I
just retested and got the same result as you.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves