Re: pgHoster.com woes and looking for a new host - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From bsides2@hotmail.com (MK)
Subject Re: pgHoster.com woes and looking for a new host
Date
List pgsql-novice
I am hosting 3 client sites with pgHoster. They were great for a
while, but recently there has been nothing but trouble. Even prior to
recent events it  has always been difficult to get any kind of
response from their support. I actually resorted to demand a response
via their own public user forums - that got my problem fixed but no
reply to my questions.

I did a google search for "pghoster", and not suprisingly the first
page was mostly others with pghoster problems. Then I noticed Tripod
Support handle the after hours support for pghoster. Their live chat
support guy tells me pghoster were cracked into, and should be back up
within 24 hrs.

For anyone still interested in other postgresql hosters I can
recommend commandprompt.com and hub.org. We used commandprompt about
12 months ago and they were great, the only reason we went to pghoster
was the cost savings - you get what you pay for hey? We have recently
set up a new site with hub.org and were planning on moving all our
client sites to them. That will definitely be the case as soon as we
can get access to pghoster again.

Tripod Support reassured me that our sites and data will be intact
when services resume. Interstingly though, Roj Niyogi is the founder
of pghoster and the president of Tripod Support????? Here's and
interview touting his support beliefs:
http://www.webhostgear.com/94.html

regards,

bsides2