Re: 7.4.1 Server Not Starting? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gregory Wood
Subject Re: 7.4.1 Server Not Starting?
Date
List pgsql-general
Yeah, made me blink too. But you nailed it on the head... looking in
postgresql.conf shows me that syslog = 2, which means no standard out.
Seems that the behavior between the port for 7.3 and 7.4 has changed and
now they log to syslog by default. Now to figure out why syslog doesn't
appear to be logging anything...

I also found the source of the error: I had previously (7.3 again) set
max_fsm_relations = 10000. Apparently 7.4 doesn't like that too much.
Bumping that back to 1000 seems to do the trick.

Thank you once again for your late night help!

Greg