Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tony
Subject Re: Is my MySQL Gaining ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Sadly a company will believe anything that a consultant they trust tells them.  Otherwise there'd be little point in hiring a consultant to give them advice would there?

It seems rather illogical that you'd refuse to work with a company that had been given potentially sub-standard advice, based on what appears to be a theological view?

Either that or you have more consulting work than you know what to do with, that you can afford to base business decisions on an ideological basis.

If I chose not to work with companies that used Windows as servers (because IMHO, Windows is not a good server environment) my house would've been repossessed, and I'd have probably starved by now.

T.

Keith C. Perry wrote:
 The way I look at it is that I probably don't want to deal with a
company that thinks that MySQL on windows is "good environment".