Re: Time varying referential integrity - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Mascari
Subject Re: Time varying referential integrity
Date
List pgsql-general
Joe Conway wrote:

> Mike Mascari wrote:
>
>> but not 07-Temporal. Is that right? From a cursory search on temporal
>> support, it appears that there should be a 07-SQL/Temporal group.
>

> Your correct -- I didn't realize that it was its own spec. A little
> googling found me this though:
> http://www.jtc1sc32.org/sc32/jtc1sc32.nsf/Attachments/5A5731749C30132388256A5B0044557A/$FILE/32N0651.PDF

Great. Thanks, Joe. It's kind of ironic that a SQL working draft is
archived as a Lotus Notes document. I'll have to have a nice
read-through though. The various SIGMOD Snodgrass articles and
TimeCenter publications lead me to believe that temporal support in SQL
database management systems could really make life simple. Hopefully an
incremental approach for PostgreSQL is possible, because my home-grown
temporal RI system is turning into a bit of a nightmare...

Thanks again,

Mike Mascari
mascarm@mascari.com