Re: Any commercial shopping cart packages using postgresql? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Satrapa
Subject Re: Any commercial shopping cart packages using postgresql?
Date
List pgsql-general
Alex Satrapa wrote:
> I'm currently exploring the Zelerate AllCommerce system
> http://allcommerce.sourceforge.net

Ick... this product is *so* the poster child of the MySQL generation:

    #
    # Table structure for table 'addresses'
    #
    CREATE TABLE addresses (
      objid varchar(20) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
      objclass varchar(20) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
      objtype varchar(20) DEFAULT '' NOT NULL,
      PRIMARY KEY objid
    );

No foreign keys! Look at all those "DEFAULT '' NOT NULL" columns! What
are they thinking?

As penance for suggesting this product, I will clean up the SQL and at
least post my experiences with installing and using this product on
PostgreSQL.