datestyle in postgresql.conf, version 7.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Max Reymond
Subject datestyle in postgresql.conf, version 7.4
Date
List pgsql-general
I want to have the date in french format for my postgres 7.4 database.
reading the documentation, three ways to get it.
1. set datestyle to 'postgres,european';  for each session,  it works OK
2. old style export
PGDATESTYLE='Postgres,European';/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl  -D
/home/local/BasePostgres/ -l logfile -o -i start  it works OK
3. datestyle="Postgres, European" in the postgresql.conf file, but
unfortunately it does nor work

what's wrong?

--
Jean-Max Reymond email: jmreymond@free.fr tel: 33 (0)6 16 94 25 11