comparring dates between perl and postgres - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From hodges@xprt.net
Subject comparring dates between perl and postgres
Date
Re: comparring dates between perl and postgres
Re: comparring dates between perl and postgres
List pgsql-novice
I am getting a field of date type from PostgreSQL and an
integer that is a number of days (1 to 3).

select date, num_days from table
$date, $num_days

In my perl script I am getting the current date

#find current date
($mday,$mon,$year,$doy)=(localtime(time))[3..5,7];
$mon ++;
$year +=1900;
$today = "$year-$mon-$mday";

I need to test whether $date from PostgreSQL matches
$today + $num_days.

Can perl extract day of year ($doy) from the Postgres date?

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Tom Hodges