Re: Is there going to be a port to Solaris 9 x86 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Justin Clift
Subject Re: Is there going to be a port to Solaris 9 x86
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi Christopher,

Personally, I haven't tested it on Solaris 9 INTEL yet (Sun took some
decent time in getting the Sol9 x86 kit to me, and I'm busy developing
OpenOffice training for now).

I'd be very surprised if PostgreSQL doesn't work on Solaris x86, as it
*used* to work on Solaris x86 from versions 2.6 -> 8.

This is the guide I wrote for compiling it on Solaris 8:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/v2/Guides/Installation%20Guides/Compiling%20PostgreSQL%207.3.2%20on%20Solaris%208%209/view

That may be useful for you.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,