Re: PostgreSQL Certification - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: PostgreSQL Certification
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
>Yes, we could do that, but with structure, there comes power, and with
>power, arguments.  Is it worth the risk?

Probably not. Who would be a part of it?

PgSQL, Command Prompt, Red Hat, SRA? Seems like a pretty big hassle.

>I would like to see more benefit than just certification before I think
>such a bureaucracy is worth it.

Personally, I don't see a need. There are two Linux certifications of any
relevance, only one of those actually matters (yes I know I contradicted
myself).
That is the RedHat one.

Also, although certification has some merit I would rather see our attention
go more towards marketing and converting developers.

Sincerely,

Joshua Drake

+1-503-222-2783 - jd@commandprompt.com - http://www.commandprompt.com
Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - http://www.postgresql.org