Re: Pgadmin Translation in TELUGU (te) language - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Andreas Pflug
Subject Re: Pgadmin Translation in TELUGU (te) language
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

>Le Vendredi 12 Septembre 2003 11:24, Andreas Pflug a écrit :
>

>>There is as small problem about the canonical locale name. While
>>wxWindows internal files say that the locale should be "te", my Linux
>>(SuSE 8.1) shows the locale "te_IN" as available. Murali, could you
>>please confirm which locale to use, te or te_IN (locale -a on Linux), or
>>maybe both?
>>

>Does pgAdmin support simple locales like "ar" (Arabic), "fr" (French) or
>simply "de" (German). Do you remember why it failed when we tried using "ar"?

Because locale -a didn't list ar, but only a long list of ar_XX.

AFAIR wxWindows can use "te_IN", while only "te" is available, by using
only the first two chars if the long locale isn't available, but this is
the other way round. We might need to add "te_IN" to wxWindows (which
wouldn't be such a big deal).

Regards,
Andreas