Re: Replication Ideas - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: Replication Ideas
Date
List pgsql-general
On 26 Aug 2003 at 3:01, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Tom Lane wrote:
>
> > Chris Travers <chris@travelamericas.com> writes:
> > > Yes I have. Postgres-r is not a high-availability solution which is
> > > capable of transparent failover,
> >
> > What makes you say that?  My understanding is it's supposed to survive
> > loss of individual servers.
>
> How does it play 'catch up' went a server comes back online?

<dumb idea>
PITR + archive logs daemon? Chances of a node and an archive log daemon going
down simalrenously are pretty low. If archive log daemon works on another
machin, the MTBF should be pretty acceptable..
</dumb idea>

Bye
 Shridhar

--
The Briggs-Chase Law of Program Development:    To determine how long it will take
to write and debug a    program, take your best estimate, multiply that by two,