Re: 7.4b1 vs 7.3.4 performance - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: 7.4b1 vs 7.3.4 performance
Date
List pgsql-general
On 27 Aug 2003 at 1:14, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Well, a possible explanation is that 7.4b1 uses a different "default
> configuration".  The amount of memory it uses is actually determined at
> install time (initdb time to be exact), so you will have a much more
> reasonable default values than with previous versions.  It's very
> possible that it affected your benchmark.  See how many shared_buffers
> you got, for example (probably 1000 - it was 64 in previous versions
> IIRC).

I doubt that. I have CVS head installed and I don't recalling seeing a
different default. Need to confirm though..

Bye
 Shridhar

--
Johnson's First Law:    When any mechanical contrivance fails, it will do so at
the    most inconvenient possible time.