Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres not MySQL" bullet list - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shridhar Daithankar
Subject Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres not MySQL" bullet list
Date
Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Need concrete "Why Postgres not MySQL" bullet list  (Ian Barwick <barwick@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-general
On 21 Aug 2003 at 0:22, Ian Barwick wrote:
> * DDL
> - Data definition language (table creation statements etc.) in MySQL
> are not transaction based and cannot be rolled back.

Just wondering, what other databases has transactable DDLs? oracle seems to
have autonomous transactions which is arthogonal.

If we are going to compare it, we are going to need it against other databases
as well.

Personally I find transactable DDL's a big plus of postgresql. It allows real
funcky application design at times..:-)

Bye
 Shridhar

--
drug, n:    A substance that, injected into a rat, produces a scientific paper.